Thanks for visiting Partners in Crime Tours (PICT) and Providence Book Promotions (PBP). Here are a few things you need to know about our tour process and stipulations:
- Within 7 business days we will contact you to review and finalize the tour options. The tour must be paid in its entirety at least 14 business days prior to the tour start date or blast date.
- All requests for adjustments and/or changes to the information contained on the tour page, and emailed to the host, must be made no less than 15 days prior to the start of your tour.
- Additional charges may result from making more than 2 changes to the information provided to PICT/PBP or for making changes after the Host Kit has been sent.
- Once the tour kicks off, you will be notified as each host submits their post with the link and a summary, as needed. You should leave a comment and share this on your social media sites.
- Reviews may be posted on blogs, social media, OR sales sites at the discretion of the host. If you or your client/author would like a review to be posted elsewhere, please as a PICT/PBP team member and we will convey your request. It MAY not be honored.
- If you have chosen to include giveaways as a part of the tour they will be created and shared with the hosts using a Viral Giveaway App.
Partners In Crime Tours runs a tour and our philosophy:
- Reviews are paramount. Good reviews bring recognition to your book. Therefore, even when we schedule guest posts or interviews, we request that the host also provide a review.
- Running a tour or prepping a tour with a different company and/or by yourself at the same time as your PICT/PBP will nullify the minimum requirements for tour stops.
- Unless otherwise requested, PICT/PBP does not stop scheduling stops when we reach the contracted minimum of stops. We’ll book as many stops as we’re able during the tour dates, depending on the responses received from those that want to participate and the number of books available.
- We are available to the client and/or hosts for any questions, comments, and/or suggestions and encourage this to open the lines of communication and to have a good working relationship.
- Once the tour starts, a member of our team will check each scheduled stop, read the review, and leave a comment, as we are able. PICT/PBP encourages the author to also leave a comment. Being reviewers ourselves, we know how important it is to see a comment from the author. Because this is a hobby for the hosts, it makes them feel special that the author took the time to stop by their blog.
- Also, if the review is a positive one, PICT/PBP may post a link or promo on our social media pages. We also will continue to share links to your posts long after the tour has been completed.
- Clients are not to otherwise contact the host for any reason. If the client/author has a question or comment, please share it with us and we will convey your request.
- The majority of our hosts are invited. Our team scours the internet and social media to find hosts that are reliable and who enjoy this genre. The main criteria for new hosts are:
- We read the review policy to see that our specialty genre is enjoyed
- How many followers the blogger has (we want to know that your book will reach a wide audience. The majority of our hosts have a minimum of 500 followers in a combination of outlets: Social Media, Blog, Goodreads, and Amazon.
- There are a few things that you need to keep in mind when scheduling a tour:
- While this is a “hobby” for our hosts they do retain high quantities or followers and many are librarians.
- Paid reviewers are not permitted to post on Amazon or Barnes and Noble and we do not pay our hosts.
- PICT/PBP and frequently hosts have no control over whether their posts will be approved on social media, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.
- We have no control over whether a person will enjoy your book. We do our best to vet our hosts however, we can’t promise that they will enjoy your book nor can we control whether a host posts a negative review. We do ask that they notify us prior to posting a less-than-glowing review but are unable to control whether that is done.
- Occasionally, posts or reviews don’t happen or may be rescheduled.
We may give a partial refund if we are unable to find the minimum number of hosts to host your book, administrative costs do still apply. However, no refund will be given if after reading the book the hosts are unable to finish the book, post negative reviews, if you do not like their reviews, or if you choose that they not post a review.
* last Updated November 28, 2022